Saturday, October 6, 2012

'Where I'd like to be.

Hey Ryloggers..
Its been a while. College and well general laziness have prevented me from blogging much. There is a lot of issues that I wanna talk about but for now, I m tired of talking about important social issues where I as one person can't hope to change the mindset of the agitated masses. For instance, capital punishment. Much to my horror after Dr. Afraasheem's untimely murder (R.I.P) more and more people have started to believe with passion that capital punishment is inevitable. That makes a small part of me die inside.

Anyhoo, this is a happy post. I'd like to talk about the place where I've always found peace.. The place where I'm most happy. As a person, I have a lot of friends and of course family that i hold really near to my heart and mean the world to me and I love being around them, but I've always been someone for whom 'Me' time is very important. After a couple of routine weeks, I just wanna sink back, put on Greenday at full volume and just soak in my thoughts, you know? Sleep a lot, maybe read a bit? watch something like That 70's show or Friends which amuses the hell out of me and get back to happy times :D.

So that brings me to the place which makes me most happy. It has always been the water. And by water in the strictest sense, I mean the sea.. The beautiful Maldivian waters under the gleaming sun glazed by the equator heat, that's just something which is irreplaceable. Its not the same but being alone in a pool in the beautiful (but well chlorinated) water holds similar attraction to me. What really touches me about water is its meditative quality. Meditation has always had a spiritual and not religious meaning to me. For me, meditation isn't connecting with god. you've got  prayer for that.. Meditation is reaching deep within my soul and getting in touch with myself.. As my basic hypnosis teacher once said, Its about drawing all your thoughts, worries and insecurities on an imaginary slate and wiping it clean so as you lie there listening to yourself breathe in and out, the only thing that has any meaning is then and there is the blissful state you are in, completely in tune with nature and yourself. And though practice, has allowed me to be able to reach this state of meditation often, combo of water and the open sky had always had the best effect.

So, yea.. Thats  my little rant on my bliss  moment. I'm sure I'd be back with something on corporal punishment or Family Roles which i have quite a lot to say about when my spirit is less crushed by the ignorance of my country folk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog